Anxiety can be a condition that is very difficult to manage, and many people tend to make mistakes that fuel their anxiety even further. No one should be forced to live with anxiety, however most people are unaware of what they can do to change the way they feel. At Guide Me To Bed we have collated 3 helpful tips for those suffering from anxiety, these tips may help you to reduce the frequency and severity of your anxiety.
- Sharing is better than holding back – Most people experience anxiety when they’re in the company of others, then getting embarrassed about their anxiety, causing a lot more anxiety. You may be very shy about your anxiety and not want people to judge you, but you should note these points:
- Most people tend not to judge those that have anxiety
- If anyone does judge you then they are clearly not your friends and someone who you should care for.
- Healthy Distractions Are Helpful – When you have anxiety it is most likely that you just want to be on your own and with your own thoughts. However whilst this is a natural feeling it is also very misguided as the last thing you want to do is be on your own. Your deep thoughts are what causes anxiety and prevent you from overcoming it.
- Try To Make Stress Fun – Not always a possibility, but ideally when you are suffering from recurring stress in your life, find a way to make it fun. You can either let stress affect you, or you can try and turn your work into a scenario into something that makes it more interesting and challenging:
- Turn your tasks into competitions with yourself.
- Hiding notes around the office that only you yourself know about.
- Plan activities with your co-workers during and after work so that you fear your workplace less.