Making a bed can be much trickier than it sounds and can often take us a long time to get a hang of. Thankfully, this helpful video was posted onto Youtube by “LQ Conyers” shows a guide on how Candice Brake, an executive housekeeper, makes a bed in four minutes. This amazing video was uploaded in 2012 and now has over 195,000 views! This useful guide has helped thousands of us learn how to make their bed with ease.
To summarise the video, here are 8 steps that you must follow in order to make your bed:
- Clear your bed, you may even want to vacuum clean your mattress.
- Put on the fitted sheet, you should ensure that the elasticated ends of the sheet are tucked under the corners of the mattress.
- Put on the top sheet, remember that the side with the large hem should go at the top of the bed.
- Make hospital corners – Hospital corners are a specific method of folding the end of the top sheet tightly under the mattress. This is a tricky step but can be crucial in making your bed look neat.
- Place your duvet/comforter.
- Fold down the top sheet and duvet.
- Fluff your pillows.
- Add any finishing touches to your bed.